Boiled Egg Oddity

MetalheadChickenLady

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
So one of my girls (idk which one) laid an unusually small egg, but not small enough to really be considered a fart egg. No idea if the size of it is the cause of this, but when I boiled it up, the yolk had the same [maybe a smidge rubberyer, snapped instead of crumbled when torn apart, shiny and smooth, etc] texture as the white. It was cooked in a batch with some other regular eggs in one of those small dedicated egg boiling gadgets.
IMG_20240408_101919226.jpg
IMG_20240408_101952601.jpg

Thoughts? (I didnt eat it. That dark spot was dubious, unsure if regular sulfur discoloration or not.)

So one of my girls (idk which one) laid an unusually small egg, but not small enough to really be considered a fart egg. No idea if the size of it is the cause of this, but when I boiled it up, the yolk had the same [maybe a smidge rubberyer, snapped instead of crumbled when torn apart, shiny and smooth, etc] texture as the white. It was cooked in a batch with some other regular eggs in one of those small dedicated egg boiling gadgets.
View attachment 3795297View attachment 3795300

Thoughts? (I didnt eat it. That dark spot was dubious, unsure if regular sulfur discoloration or not.)
A lot of time new layers will lay smaller eggs or other strange-looking eggs to start off with. I had one that laid smaller round eggs for two weeks. I can't say the yolks did that as there barely was a yolk at all in hers but we just tossed them.

We have one of those same gadgets and they usually HB an egg to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom