Boiling Water

iamjason

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
I dont have a humidity thermometer, but i was wonder if i got a little cup of water and boiled it, and put it in th icechest/incubator.. for a little more humidity, im on Day 22

Last edited:
i had two eggs, but one died yesterday. i made sure. before i cracked it.. it was fully developed, with feathers, but still had yolk. but this last egg is still moving when candled

We'll cross our fingers and pray for the last one!
fl.gif

i really want it to hatch.. this is my first time incubating eggs.. and i dnt have a incubator..just icechest and light... its still moving...not the egg,,but the chick inside..What do I DO?

Quote:
Whatever you have going in there...leave it alone and shut...the more you mess with it...the less chance of hatching...do not play with the egg...ignore it pretty much
smile.png
Wishing you luck on this one...

I have pretty big incubator and last night when the humidity wouldn't go up I wet a half roll of clean kitchen roll/paper towels with hot water from the sink and stuck inside. It's worked wonderfully. I've also used wet socks, dish towels and just about anything else that is clean and would hold water. I also never use boiling water as it would bring up my temps too much and goodness knows what I would do if I spilled it on the eggs or myself.

Back
Top Bottom