Bonding with ducks.... how long does it take?

THe title says it all.... I have khaki campell

What do you mean by bonding? For me hanging out in the backyard doing yard work and the Ducks nearby is bonding. Ducks are going to be pretty skittish till they get a bit older (over 2 months ish) however for the right treat you can probably buy their love faster. I've seen people have ducks on beds and Ducks inside their house but honestly I don't think that's the way duck should live.

Yep start out by just being in their area sitting or working in the yard or garden they are so curious they will come around, Most likely they will never want you to hold them or pet them But to me just having them around enjoying each others presence is enough for me. Treats like dried mealworms or frozen peas thawed are a good way to win them over and if you go about it right they will get brave enough to eat out of your hand. Can't ask for more than that.

My ducklings are nearly 4 weeks old, and they are very calm around us. They tolerate being petted and touched, and are extremely curious if we have something green in our hands that resembles a pea. They aren't big fans of being picked up. Spend time around them, sitting near and talking to them. Using peas for treats is another good way.

Keep in mind breed characteristics too. Khaki Campbells are considered to be a more "nervous" breed.

Back
Top Bottom