Bonjour from Canada :)

OllieOups

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2020
Bonjour from "La Belle Province" in Quebec, Canada

We live on a small hobby farm with two rescued horses, little finch birds, 3 bunnies, a golden retriever and adorable chickens.
We adopted two "retired" hens ( They were both locked up in a shed with no daylight and access to outside and were no longer laying eggs -hmm wonder why (*%&% so we immediately volunteered to take them home ) and named them Jlo and Gaga :D
They love being free now, spend their days sunbathing and one has even started laying eggs again.

In early May we purchased 4 baby cochins but don't yet know their gender. They are cute little stinkers. Rosa Diaz, Scully, Gina and Batman
We've transformed our horse shower into a chicken coop and created a little "daycare" for the small ones. When they are older and stronger we intend to allow them to be free like the seniors and hang out outside too

I've been able to read up on caring for chickens thanks to your site.
Much appreciate the advise and friendly folks

Cheers

Attachments

• chicken coop.jpg
    chicken coop.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
  • chicks with Ollie.jpg
    chicks with Ollie.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
  • chicks.jpg
    chicks.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
Hello, welcome!
That's really awesome your hen is laying eggs again! Terrible where they came from but glad they're able to live out their best lives.
Great names for the chicks! Batman has got to be the coolest! One of my lavender orpington chicks is named Spiderman (my kids named them).

:D

So cute . yeah my kids named ours too.

Back
Top Bottom