Bonnie, Queen of the Roost

SaltyHen

Songster
Nov 16, 2021
New Brunswick, Canada
Bonnie, my barred rock, has decided she's queen of the roost. The top of that rake is mounted about 6-1/2' high.

PS — Excuse the poop stains on the wall. :sick I have to move the roost bar further away from the wall so that stops happening, and sand off the stains. (Apparently I need to remove some of the tools too.)

20211130_164632~3.jpg
20211130_164525~3.jpg
20211130_164520~2.jpg

Great flock! But I’m a bit worried of those clippers there (forgot what they’re called). I hope they didn’t get cut. But beautiful flock!

Great flock! But I’m a bit worried of those clippers there (forgot what they’re called). I hope they didn’t get cut. But beautiful flock!
The loppers? They're closed with no exposed blade and it's secured to the wall. The brush axe? It has a thick plastic blade guard. I thought all about blades before allowing chickens + tools in my shed-converted-to-coop, and it's also hard to knock anything down. However, I do plan to move them all to the opposite wall away from the roost anyway (I just need a full free day to do some rearranging — there are things on the opposite wall too). Initial plan was to fence off a section of the shed but I haven't had a chance and I'm building a new mobile coop on a big utility trailer in the spring anyway. 78606946J_720x.jpg

The loppers? They're closed with no exposed blade and it's secured to the wall. The brush axe? It has a thick plastic blade guard. I thought all about blades before allowing chickens + tools in my shed-converted-to-coop, and it's also hard to knock anything down. However, I do plan to move them all to the opposite wall away from the roost anyway (I just need a full free day to do some rearranging — there are things on the opposite wall too). Initial plan was to fence off a section of the shed but I haven't had a chance and I'm building a new mobile coop on a big utility trailer in the spring anyway. View attachment 2915263
Oh ok then. I’ll say it again. Great flock!

Back
Top Bottom