Boots... Hmph!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sequin, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Am I the only one in the world whose socks slide right off their feet when wearing rubber boots? It drives me batty every time I have to wear boots. No matter what, my socks always slide down to the tip of the boot right around my toes. Grrrrr... Anyone else know this frustration?

2. ebwy

ebwy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    UK
    same thing always happened to me too

3. jafo

jafo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Knee high socks [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When I was a kid...

When the boot doesn't fit well every time you step it pulls the sock on the back of your heal.

If you have tighter fitting boots and good fitting socks then the socks stay in place more often.

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I tuck my pant-legs into the socks, THEN slide my wellies on. The extra volume of the pants seems to help keep the socks up. Of course, it also stretches them beyond all recognition . . .

6. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same problem. I found some english riding socks, they got up to my knee and are really tight. I also buy kids larges and they still slide down but don't come off.

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I do this same thing, pull the socks over my jeans. Still sometimes will have them fall down but it does a much better job keeping them up!!

8. that_crazy_lady

that_crazy_lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    that is #3 of why I never liked rubber boots, #2 is my feet get too cold, #1 is I tare them up, so I ware justin work boots when it comes to muck. I've had one pair for over 4 years now, and they are still holding up. I ware westen/cowboy boots all the time, I have 5 pair and I'm looking for more. lol

but tucking your pants or long undies into your socks help. I hate it when they wrinkle up under your toes!

9. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I am going to go and buy some long socks to see if that helps. Even if it doesn't, at least my legs will be warm in the house!!! [​IMG] Thanks for the suggestions - they are Very much appreciated!!! [​IMG]

10. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    I put a pair of soles in my rubber boots and alls well LOl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by