Bored birds?

Bluerosesd

Chirping
Feb 20, 2018
South eastern Ky
I am setting here and I keep hearing my chicks for lack of a better term yelling out. I am worried they are pecking each other so I sneak in and watch them and see the most funny thing. I have 6 birds that are two weekends old and they have wing feathers. I have 4 one week olds and a couple four day olds. A chick will stretch its wings and flapp them then fly across the brooder and land on another one which yells out. Then another did it. It’s so stinking cute watching them run/fly around their brooder crashing into their bunk mates making them chirp Even the four day olds are doing it. Are they bored or not enough room or are they just stretching out having fun? What ever it is it’s to funny! I’ll try to get video of it and post it. It gave me a chuckle lol

Pretty typical chick behavior.
I have a brooder full of one week olds,
they are just starting to get rowdy, running around flapping their wings.
They they all lie down and take a nap.

Yeah there isn’t any pecking or fighting. It don’t seem that are aiming at a bunkmate just acting like they are in a mosh pit. Rofl it’s funny to watch. I was afraid they were bored. Don’t want it to turn ugly. I’ll keep a watch and make sure they don’t start picking on each other. Until then let the mosh continue lol

Back
Top Bottom