Borotto Automatic REAL 24 for shipped eggs?

The eggs are in, turner off, I'm gonna hand swivel them and keep them upright for the first seven days..see what develops, if any in their state.

I promised myself, because the shipped eggs were so messed up, that I wouldn't candle them until the 10th day. That is tomorrow. Here is hoping that some, against all odds, are developing....

Thats unfortunate. Shipped eggs are always a toss up. I've stopped even trying to incubate any shipped egg that gives me question. I've had a few that I've tried to hatch that have come out with so many issues that they die pretty quick which in turn is a bummer to say the least.

Ok I have my incubator (yay). I'm having humidity issues as well. I have the automatic humidity pump option and the thing is full of water. I can not get it above 52% humidity. The pump is set at 55% so it just keeps pumping! This is insane.

Figured it out lol. I had the floor still in it. hahaha Working great now.

Last edited:
The white floor that you put in when the chicks hatch after lockdown. I took that out and the humidity went up like normal.

I like the pump for one reason mostly. So that I dont have to do anything. Set the eggs with a 1 litre bottle and come back 18 days later for lockdown. Bein as hands off as possible during hatching I have found saves me a lot of heartache.

Last edited:
Ok a complete disaster here with the shipped eggs. The two have not developed further so it's just my three left. I have ordered more from a different seller now, (I am a sucker for punishment!..lol)..Lets hope the post will be kind to them, this time around. They should be here at around the time mine are hatching.

All three of my own eggs hatched! :wee Never had 100% before. This incubator is absolutely amazing and I am so glad I got it. They all hatched on day 20, so they will be out before the next 15 eggs arrive, and now my own Light Sussex hen is laying again, I will be putting her eggs in with them too.

Three fuzz balls

Attachments

• 20201002_184017.jpg
    20201002_184017.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 9
The 15 LS eggs from a different seller arrived, and all got here far better than the previous two lots I bought. He used a bigger box, wrapped them individually in bubble wrap, put them in egg cartons and then stuffed the box firmly with straw.

I candled them on day 7 and only one wasn't developing. Early days yet, so keeping my fingers crossed that most of them make it. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom