Boston poultry expo show in N Oxford Ma Nov 7

Beth G. :

Ok, So If I can't make it to Shay's this Sunday can I bring birds for sale to this show? Just to sell and not show do I still need to have them all tested? I am thinking about showing one of my birds but, where in CT can I have that test done they are saying we need?

Thanks all!!
Beth

Yes they still have to be tested.
You can contact the AG of CT and they will set you up, tehy come to your house to do teh testing, mass is free so i dont know how CT does theres.​

Quote:
You can contact the AG of CT and they will set you up, tehy come to your house to do teh testing, mass is free so i dont know how CT does theres.

Thank you soo much for the response Shay!! I will call my State Ag Vet Dr Lis and see what they say.

Beth G. :

Quote:
You can contact the AG of CT and they will set you up, tehy come to your house to do teh testing, mass is free so i dont know how CT does theres.

Thank you soo much for the response Shay!! I will call my State Ag Vet Dr Lis and see what they say.​

Yea they should give you the info to contact teh tester in your state.

Quote:
Thank you soo much for the response Shay!! I will call my State Ag Vet Dr Lis and see what they say.

I hope so if not I'm in trouble! lol
I also know another BYC'r from CT that needs to know also b/c they plan I showing there so this will be information for all.
Thanks again,
Beth

Beth G. :

Quote:

I also know another BYC'r from CT that needs to know also b/c they plan I showing there so this will be information for all.
Thanks again,
Beth​

If your gonna sell at this one, you need to get the testing done this week.

Quote:
Thanks again,
Beth

Oh boy I hope they call me back. I just called but of course it is way to early for someone to be there. I will also PM Sam b/c he needs to know that too. I know he is into showing not selling so it is important for him to know this.

Quote:
Thanks again,
Beth

Here you go this is for your state, call teh # on there.

a. When poultry or hatching eggs are imported, the buyer or importer is responsible for obtaining a poultry permit from the Connecticut Department of Agriculture. Call 860-713-2508 (M-F, 8:30am – 4pm) to obtain the poultry permit. A permit number will be issued over the phone and then mailed to the buyer/importer. The permit number must be written on the health certificate and/or NPIP form.

b. Within 48 hours after the arrival of the poultry the importer, shall give notice to the Department of Agriculture of the arrival date and the number of poultry received. When you receive the health certificate and/or NPIP form (VS 9-3) and poultry permit, complete the permit, and promptly return it to the Department of Agriculture with a copy of the health certificate and/or NPIP form:

Connecticut Department of Agriculture
Livestock Division
165 Capitol Avenue, Rm. G8-A
Hartford, CT 06106

or by FAX to the attention of the Livestock Division, 860-713-2515.

this is teh web site
http://www.ct.gov/doag/cwp/view.asp?a=1367&q=317238&doagPNavCtr=|44678|#45414

Quote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but, when they say import do they mean within the US or if I get a bird from out of the states like Europe? I am actually trying to get some english black orps next year and I need to know this stuff I guess. I'm too naive when it comes to this stuff. I have been meaning to call the State of CT Ag Vet b/c I would like to get NPIP certified. It seems like when you do this ppl are more apt to buy online your hatching eggs and birds.

Beth G. :

Quote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but, when they say import do they mean within the US or if I get a bird from out of the states like Europe? I am actually trying to get some english black orps next year and I need to know this stuff I guess. I'm too naive when it comes to this stuff. I have been meaning to call the State of CT Ag Vet b/c I would like to get NPIP certified. It seems like when you do this ppl are more apt to buy online your hatching eggs and birds.

They mean if your bring in birds from any other state.
Yes when you post the NPIP it brings more, only becouse that means that are logging in everything you sell, buy. and that you are not buying form an untested flock.
It is a program that watches whats being sold and from where and who, it helps keep down disease transporting.​

Beth, PM me and i will give you the number for the person, i just had her test my birds monday, the state vet dosent do it, its a person through the department of health. -Ian

Back
Top Bottom