Ok I l am bringing:

a DOZEN Standard Blue Cochin babies
2 Polish Crested Pullets
6 feathered out Splash/lavender Cochins
I am all about Cochins tomorrow!
31582_p9230638.jpg

Well, not bring my frizzles to show
sad.png
They are not ready, 2 have bald patches on them and one has wicked bad feathers from all that stupid rain we got.

Showgirl is bathed and so arent all teh polish, not to happy one of my polish has long toe nails.
hmm.png

Just got back from the show/sale!! I got some really nice birds...a trio of red brown modern games, a pair of splash modern games (which I have been dying to get!!), a beautiful silver lemon blue modern roo (I dont even care that it was a roo, I just love this breed!!!) and a trio of gorgeous silver crele English Games...all bantam size of course.
Beth, I am glad you got your cochin hen and I do think that other one is a hen too. Shay, enjoy those silver laced EGB's, they are so pretty. Oh well, all birds have been sprayed with Shay & Jose's Pest control spray and it smells so good! I also wormed them all and treated them with the IverOn...(Yes, you could say I am a pest-o-phobe), they are in their quarantine cages with ACV water and fresh feed and I hope to give them the all clear in 30 days!!!!! I loved seeing everyone today and the weather was not too bad, just the wind. Saw some gorgeous birds and cochins as big as a foot stool! I also saw these huge black roosters with clean legs, does anyone know what breed they were?

Hello,
I made it to the show as well. I took a bunch of blue cochin chicks that were in all kinds of ages under about 5-6 months, but I was shut down, because I didn't know that I needed to have my flock tested before I could sell anything. However, I did manage to sell a few. I probably would have sold them all. My birds are in good condition. I hatch out 90% of all my flock. So, disease is not an issue. Plus, I kind of live remote here on the NY/Vermont border. I ran into Chick Magnet while I was there. I was suppose to sell Beth two laying pullet cohins, but I never did run into her. I did sell the two pullets i brought for her, but I have lots! Well, I would love to go to Shay's cool chickenstock this month, but my kids are coming down here from Canada for thankgiving. This year has been a huge year for me with the Cochins. Though, they did slow down laying eggs now. The good news is the Barnvelder have started to lay and the Welsummers too.
Lisa

Quote:
Oh too bad. Beth was looking for you but you had just left. They made several people leave today. I wonder if it was OK to sell if the birds were from a tested flock and were first generation? I will never understand all the red tape needed from state to state! I also bought birds today and they cut th metal NPIP bands off the legs. I wish they did not do that because if something were to go wrong, wouldnt I need to know who I got them from seeing as they were tested?

Really? Darn! Did you see me? I swapped some BYC 3 cochin chicks for a silkie roo. My silkie roo is not really interested in the girls.
Lisa

Quote:
oh man that was you? Wow. my husband helped Ed the guy who was in charge of checking helped you get teh cage into your car. i was the one with teh really bright red hair.

Back
Top Bottom