Botched Chick order

BrianT

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2010
North FL
I ordered chicks this afternoon from Cackle Hatchery. It was 25 easter egger pullets and 25 red star pullets. Accidentally I hit 'straight run' on the red stars and confirmed before I caught my error. I called them and they said they could fix it and it would reflect in my delivery confirmation. Is there any need for me to be concerned or is everything cool? Thanks in advance. BT

I don't see why. The total should have changed, since pullets cost a bit more than straight run. If you're really stressing over it, just call them today and have someone read back the info. they have on you. Or better yet, email them so you have it in writing...

old.gif
caf.gif
I know that this is a question that has been asked many times but here goes again.I am getting ready to order me some lil ones and I'd like to try to raise a few naturally.I'd like some advice on a good broody hen,what to look for and really the whole thing.At the time I'm not looking for true breeds.I just want to learn what is involved.Do I need a separate housing,what to look for in hen behavior,etc.I love my chickens and I'm going to order good breeds,just not sure what to do.Thanks in advance
idunno.gif

Wow, it would take chapters to answer your questions. I suggest buying a copy of Storey's guide to raising chickens. You can find it at Tractor Supply or online at any of the hatchery sites or amazon. Good broody breeds include silkies, game birds, orpingtons and wyandottes just to name a few. As a rule, Mediterranean breeds aren't as broody. It is better to raise the chicks with their mother away from the flock since the flock can attack the chicks.

old.gif
caf.gif
I know that this is a question that has been asked many times but here goes again.I am getting ready to order me some lil ones and I'd like to try to raise a few naturally.I'd like some advice on a good broody hen,what to look for and really the whole thing.At the time I'm not looking for true breeds.I just want to learn what is involved.Do I need a separate housing,what to look for in hen behavior,etc.I love my chickens and I'm going to order good breeds,just not sure what to do.Thanks in advance
idunno.gif

Silkie Silkie Silkie. lol All of my silkies that where hatched last spring/summer have gone broody on me. 1 right now is very determined. Has pulled out here belly feathers and is sitting in the nesting boxes without any eggs. Goofy girl. None of my other chickens from last year have even thought about going broody.

old.gif
caf.gif
idunno.gif

idunno.gif
Thanks for the great wisdom that I got.I realize there is alot to know,but I figure getting started is the hardest.The info that I have gotten so far has been what I needed to get going.From here on it will be on an as need bases.
old.gif
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom