both happy and sad--finally got my roo--2 of them ?????

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by old geezer, Sep 4, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]..[​IMG] ..finally got my roo--[​IMG]......sooooooooo happy cause button who was a fast favorite ,and a snuggle bug to boot , is defenitely a roo.[​IMG]....but i didn't realise the out of the same hatch , polly is really a paul......[​IMG]...when i went out this morning to give the their treats isat down in a lawn chair with coffe to watch them and the 2 fur ball dogs---polly and button ran right at each other ,hackles out ,chest bumping , wings flapping and a little beak to beak play...[​IMG]...polly ,{paul } flew up on the jungle gym,and button actually did a strut , stretch out drooped his wings abit and did and his first crow--sort of---- more like a yoddle , it was so hellarious it was cute and i had to laugh--[​IMG].....again so happy---but sad as the wife --[warden] says only 1 roo----so tues when i bring the 2 chicks to the farm down the road---polly is going also----sad:(......but a roo---finally a roo....[​IMG]..[​IMG]...[​IMG]..[​IMG]...[​IMG].

2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I'm glad you have a rooster finally!
    I do think it's funny though, how you say finally.
    The rest of us seem to have roos coming out of every orifice. >_<
    Congrats!
    The other one, Paul?
    Might not be a roo....when the birdies are young they all tend to have disputes that way.
    Maybe wait it out until it crows or lays an egg?
    I dunno!
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day!
    I have three roos right now...gotta go find a home for one.
    To the farm stores!

3. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    how lucky of you to get 2!! maybe your wife wont notice! [​IMG]

4. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    You never know, Polly might be a girl.......I caught my roo and hen fighting through the fence yesterday! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by