1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Both roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jay262, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jay262

Jay262 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Im wondering if these guys look like both roos to anyone else there about 5 weeks old i had hatched them otta incubator for my kid in hopes of a couple hens but the older they get the more the both look like roos to me. Only real difference im seeing is the ones cone is very bright red in comparison to the others is very light both are developing spurs and are about the same size. Also would anyone have an idea what breed they might be. Pics to come shortly when i figure out how to attach them sorry im new to this forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    We need pics... [​IMG] Both females and males have spur bumps and hens can actually grow spurs (I had one with 2 1/2 inch long wicked sharp spurs). Combs will develop differently with different breeds and even within breeds. Pics are the best way for us to help you.

3. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    You need 10 posts before you are allowed to post photos I believe.

4. Jay262

Apr 21, 2009
    Im tryin to attach a couple to uploads now it lets me attach but when i hit submit it does nonthing how do i speak to a moderator without taking from my post here and going off on a technical subject?

5. DTRM30

DTRM30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    I think you have enough posts - did you go to the uploads link and upload your photo ? After than you just need to "copy" the image link and paste it into your post. You won't see the picture until the message is actually posted.

Not sure if that helps or not ... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jay262

Apr 21, 2009
    I got it not pic sizes were to big -_-

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    You need to use a photo editing program (I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager) and resize the picture to 640x480 pixels, if the pictures are too big for the BYC uploads to resize (there is a box to check for it to automatically resize photos).

HTH! [​IMG]

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    [​IMG]

The one with the bigger pinker comb is definitely a rooster. A close up of the second one would help. [​IMG]

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Yup. The one in the second picture. All boy. Can't see the comb on the other one in the first pic, so I won't venture a guess on that one yet.

10. Jay262

Apr 21, 2009
    OK pretty sure first little guy is a roo so how about this guy? Almost identical to the first guy waddle is a little smaller and his cone is very much paler and light. Also would anyone care to make a guess on what breed these little things are.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by