bought a new muscovy duck amazing duck but

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by animals1981, Mar 29, 2009.

1. animals1981

animals1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Toronto
    I bought a muscovy duck that aprently comes from the wild bloodlines and is black.. a very very beautiful duck smaller then my other female muscovys but even more friendly by far!

When i brought her home she was FILTHY the person who sold her to me told me he had pigs so i guess she must of gotten disgusting from the pigs?

Her breast feathers were all hard and looked like she had dirt and crap stuck to them. Well i let her take a bath in a cat litter box today and then i dusted her with poultry dust for mites and put some zodiac on her.

I did the same to my other ducks and then i dusted the whole coop with poultry dust.

I took away their food water and oyster shell when is it safe to put it all back? should i wait till tommorrow?

ANd i noticed even after she took a bath on her own here breast feathers are still kinda hard any ideas?

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Not knowing what is stuck on her feathers, I would just let her bathe as often as she likes. They will come clean eventually. Any pics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by