Bought my 'bator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hatchaholic, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I finally cracked under the pressure....After weeks of reading about everyone's egg-hatching experiences, I finally gave in and ordered a genesis 1588. What am I thinking??? LOL. [​IMG]

I guess I'm truly hooked now!

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

[​IMG] byc can make you go chicken crazy... [​IMG]

[​IMG] more incubators

3. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    You lucky bird!

Keep me posted on how it works! That is the one I am going to get!

What kind of eggs you gonna put in there?

Yup, you've been bitten by the chicken bug [​IMG]

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

another one gone! LOL Welcome to the *dark* side sweety! It's much fun here. Just wait till you are stressing because you have more eggs than will fit in the bator.

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] Don't waste any time ordering your second one for a "hatcher" because of your staggered hatches!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yep, I have gotten to where I tell people, if they've never incubated eggs, don't start...There is NO WAY to go back!!

7. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Congratulations on the 'bator [​IMG]. What are you going to hatch first [​IMG]?

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Why do you think I have a 1588????? Its all these BYC people! Haha I love it though! First hatch is due this weekend!!! [​IMG] Congratulations!!!

9. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have no clue what I'm going to hatch. I haven't thought that far ahead...[​IMG]

Right now, we mainly have black sex-links, a couple of barred rocks, and a few cochins. I also have some silkies, naked necks, and wyandottes that are 5 weeks now.

What are some good suggestions??

10. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Hatch a moderate batch of a breed that doesn't have feathered feet or 5 toes (I know that 5 toed breeds [especially Silkies] need to get out of the egg the first day or they will get "incubator foot" where the feet are slightly deformed (but they can still walk).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by