Boy George? Gender bender Button Quail???

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
OK, I'm confused, or the quail is.
tongue.png

I thought if a button quail had the white throat markings (the "bib"), it was a male, 100% without question -- only males have the white "bib" and females NEVER have the "bib" is the way I understand it.

Well, I have one with a very definite white "bib" that very definitely laid an egg last night. It was isolated in a separate cage, so the egg either came from that bird or Scotty from the U.S.S. Enterprise beamed it down into the cage, and I seriously doubt the latter explanation.

What gives? Am I just confused? Or, do some females have the white bib on the throat?

I can't help myself. You set yourself up perfectly for this.
cool.png

Scotty is out there now. He probably is transporting anamalies to various places around. Just to confuse us.
hmm.png

Quote:
Well, that explanation makes a lot more sense than Scotty.

Personally, I'm still waiting for them to invent transparent aluminum. I'd even settle for Marty McFly's Matel Hoverboard or his Mr. Fusion, but those havent' happened, either, alas.

At least I can wrap my mind around some female button quail having a bib! Thanks, QLOFM!

How's the gosling, btw?

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, that explanation makes a lot more sense than Scotty.

Personally, I'm still waiting for them to invent transparent aluminum. I'd even settle for Marty McFly's Matel Hoverboard or his Mr. Fusion, but those havent' happened, either, alas.

At least I can wrap my mind around some female button quail having a bib! Thanks, QLOFM!

How's the gosling, btw?

buttons like to confuse us at times
smile.png

My gosling is doing great! She\\he is growing like a weed and seems so much happier:p

Back
Top Bottom