Boy? Girl? Breed??

Funny you should mention the tail!

When we picked her up yesterday she had one (yes, 1) tail feather! It just stuck straight out in a line... This morning, nothing! She seems to have pulled it out
sad.png

So, right now, she has no tail to speak of.

I'll do that
smile.png

I'm guessing that you think Piper is definitely a girl by the way you keep saying "she"?

If it helps at all, Piper was in the same run as Prue (the black one), and some of the other black ones had similar "hair-dos" as Piper. Is it possible that they are from the same parents, despite their differences, and could that help with identifying the breed?

LilPeeps - you've been a great help and given me lots of hope that Piper can stay part of the family
big_smile.png

My guess is crossbreeds. Both probably have a sultan or something as a parent. "Piper" might be spangled sussex, "Her" "Sister" might be black minorca or sex link. They might jus have one crossbreed parent. We have two chicks with a frizzle dad and different moms. To make frizzles, you have to breed one with a different breed, so the dad's technically a crossbreed. One chick looks nothing like his mom. As for gender, compare them to eachother. If one has bigger crest, then it might be a boy.

Back
Top Bottom