Boy or Girl

It's not that big up against that chicken, sorry i don't know chickens all that well, what kind is it?

The second pic it looks more drake-like to me, that chest an so forth... I ended up having to haul our almost 5mth duck into the house this morning because she snagged a nail, anyways.. she could tuck under my arm and i am a small person FWIW(5'2/95lbs) a drake even the babies of the same aging i could not do this with...

It's again so much harder with pictures and no one else to compare too(duck wise). I am leaning on the side of boy for now lol

Last edited:
And to prove my point on facial flesh here is one my boys (5mths the 12-13th of this mth) who has some of the least...

BAD pic as the weather is awful but gives you an idea....

It's not that big up against that chicken, sorry i don't know chickens all that well, what kind is it?

The second pic it looks more drake-like to me, that chest an so forth... I ended up having to haul our almost 5mth duck into the house this morning because she snagged a nail, anyways.. she could tuck under my arm and i am a small person FWIW(5'2/95lbs) a drake even the babies of the same aging i could not do this with...

It's again so much harder with pictures and no one else to compare too(duck wise). I am leaning on the side of boy for now lol

Haha the chicken is an isa brown. shes only about 5 months too. So shes little. I actually went out today and bought a male muscovy duckling today and the breeder i bought him of told me that mine was probably a girl. Definitely can fit under an arm. Easy peasy. So most likely a little girlie. :)

Here's my new baby.... :)

Now I need to think of a name/ YAY!!

Cute lil fella! I hope he fits in well to your flock!
thumbsup.gif

Haha the chicken is an isa brown. shes only about 5 months too. So shes little. I actually went out today and bought a male muscovy duckling today and the breeder i bought him of told me that mine was probably a girl. Definitely can fit under an arm. Easy peasy. So most likely a little girlie. :)

Here's my new baby.... :)

Now I need to think of a name/ YAY!!

So cute! yeah if your other duck is an arm tucker lol That would be more likely girl, as i said very hard to tell with pictures... and lack of comparisons that i can relate too... many of my drakes are the size of their father now!
ep.gif
I was quite surprised at that today.

Really bad picture but this is my duck and one of her brothers.. see how noticeable the difference is..

So cute! yeah if your other duck is an arm tucker lol That would be more likely girl, as i said very hard to tell with pictures... and lack of comparisons that i can relate too... many of my drakes are the size of their father now!
ep.gif
I was quite surprised at that today.

Really bad picture but this is my duck and one of her brothers.. see how noticeable the difference is..

Hahah I know right!! How massive do they get!!! When I got Leonard I got her as a duckling at like 3 weeks of age so she was tiiiny. Any way she was my first duck ever. I was told she was a muscovy and at the time I had never even seen one before but I adore her to bits!

Anyway when I went to the Muscovy breeder yesterday it was also the first time I had seen a male muscovy in person. Totally fell in love. I love how humongous they get. I cant wait till my little guy is bigger than Leonard. Amazing!

Hahah I know right!! How massive do they get!!! When I got Leonard I got her as a duckling at like 3 weeks of age so she was tiiiny. Any way she was my first duck ever. I was told she was a muscovy and at the time I had never even seen one before but I adore her to bits!

Anyway when I went to the Muscovy breeder yesterday it was also the first time I had seen a male muscovy in person. Totally fell in love. I love how humongous they get. I cant wait till my little guy is bigger than Leonard. Amazing!

Some are just huge, my spot is but he's a hatchery white from french lines, he's still the biggest i have, a sweetheart thankfully!

Some are just huge, my spot is but he's a hatchery white from french lines, he's still the biggest i have, a sweetheart thankfully!

Oh wow. Look at him! Massive! Haha I hope my little guy will be alright. Leonard thinks shes a chicken so she totally freaked when she saw him and ran away. But he knows hes a duck so he runs to her because she's familiar looking to him. Its so cute watching them run around the yard with him trailing behind her and her running away. :p
Hopefully it won't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom