Boy or girl?

sammyjo777

Hatching
May 24, 2015

This is my eight week old speckled Sussex I gave it to a good friend today because we believe it was the one crowing but now I'm second guessing myself. Very friendly with people but fights all the other chickens. But does not stand up super straight and cocky

My austrolorp that I think may also be a roo. Super friendly too. But doesn't pick on the others.

All of my ladies except the Sussex, fiancé thinks one of the Americanas are a roo. Thoughts?!

Granted, I'm not overly familiar with the breeds, but for 8 weeks old both the top and the second bird have massive head-gear! I would presume they were both boys too, but am interested to hear what others think.

- Krista

I think they are both supposed to be larger breeds so I was just hoping that's why. The Sussex has major spur bumps already. The austrolorp is huge compared to the others and the Sussex is second.

This is my eight week old speckled Sussex I gave it to a good friend today because we believe it was the one crowing but now I'm second guessing myself. Very friendly with people but fights all the other chickens. But does not stand up super straight and cocky

My austrolorp that I think may also be a roo. Super friendly too. But doesn't pick on the others.

All of my ladies except the Sussex, fiancé thinks one of the Americanas are a roo. Thoughts?!

Granted, I'm not overly familiar with the breeds, but for 8 weeks old both the top and the second bird have massive head-gear!  I would presume they were both boys too, but am interested to hear what others think.

- Krista

^ I'm of the same opinion. Both have waddles at 8 weeks too, which I think almost never happens with hens in most breeds.

I'll take better pictures of them all tomorrow! I think most all of them have waddles so I'm hoping I don't have a bunch of Roos! They were all supposed to be pullets but we'll see! The Sussex and austrolorp are the most friendly of them all.

Stealth roosters can be very cunning. they try to win you over with sweetness so when you discover them are roosters, you will keep them anyway. Beware!

Ahh I wish I could! We live in city limits so can't keep them! Otherwise I would without hesitation. Already gave the Sussex to a good home. He's so friendly. Let me hold him in the car the whole 15 minute drive without once complaining

Tiffany the golden sex link.

Aqua marine the austrolorp

Hopity the EE

dotty the mottled Java

Lucy the barred rock

And last but not least

Hipity the EE

Haven't heard any crowing since we got rid of the speckled Sussex just wondering if anyone thinks any of these guys look like Roos

Back
Top Bottom