Boycotting the Coop?

Quote:
I have a droppings board, but it doesn't do any good if they are sleeping outside!
rant.gif

I turned the heat lamp on last night, but they still slept outside. Tonight I'll put them inside, turn on the heat lamp, sing them a lullaby,...

I hope they get it together and start going in by themselves.

And today they've spent all day going in the coop for a drink or snack, playing in there, then back out in the run. So they obviously get the concept.

Still don't uderstand the not going in at night thing, but I'll keep after them.Silly chickens!
D.gif

Mine are 5 1/2 weeks now and go into the coop by themselves at night. I put them in the coop at 4 weeks. Don't need a light, it's plenty warm here and they're all mostly feathered out. I put them in the first few nights but then they started going in on their own. I was shocked the first time they did it, cause I'd been having to fight them to keep them all in til I got the door shut! Now I go to shut them up and their all up on the roosts but 3, those 3 insist on sleeping on the floor.

when i first put mine out --- i had to put them in the run every morning and put them in the coop every night when the sun went down

nothing funnier that watching a middle aged guy doing the duck walk in the dark with a flashlight underneath a chicken coop

yuckyuck.gif

Well, it is warm again tonight, but I put them in with the heat lamp anyway. They are all cuddled up in a corner where the light hits indirectly. I guess they like it warmer than I figured. Lesson learned.

I'll keep putting them in with the light until they (hopefully) get the hang of it. Plus, the new chicks (arrive this week, one day olds)are going to be inside the coop in their brooder box/heat lamp anyway, so I guess it is all for the best.

Some days it seems like I'll never learn all I need to learn!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom