Bra Incubation Sparrow Egg

On the day I was going to fly to another state I stopped by my cousins' house and saw a dead baby bird on the floor in the yard. I heard chirping and looked up to see another baby bird. I was late for my flight so I put a bag with yard shavings under it. We buried its brother or sister before I left. My cousins later said it landed in the bag- they fed it with bread soaked in milk and let it go when it could fly, I think they said it was a sparrow.

And congratulations!!

Oh so sorry I was working in the yard for a few hours.
It’s fine to feed it if it’s opening it’s mouth but if it seems tired from the ordeal of hatching don’t force it.
Make sure he stays warm tonight.
A little Tupperware container lined with tissues or paper towels should do. And he should have darkness or near darkness from sundown to sunup so as to get his circadian rhythm established.

Thank you so much for your advice. He did start begging so I have fed him a bit when he begs. He chirps to get my attention! I need to go to sleep soon so will gradually darken the room (It's pretty dim in here already) and hope he realises it's night. I have a cool box set up with a hot water bottle which I need to test the temp of before I put his nest in (I crocheted him a nest and lined with paper towels) for overnight. I may also set an alarm for half way through the night to check it hasn't cooled too much.

Here he is!

Attachments

• 20180524_010435.jpg
    20180524_010435.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom