1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brabanter Baby Pic

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Solsken Farm, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Several folks have asked what a brabanter chick looks like. Here is one little munchkin from today. She was falling asleep whist being photographed. Her photomate is a bluish EE hatched here on the farm this week as well. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post a picture in a few weeks to show their crest. It is really cute. Or perhaps someone else will add a picture of theirs.[​IMG]

Edited to add that the brabanter is the darker one on the right.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

3. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    lol its colored alot like a golden sebright. Really cute. I love how they fall asleep when they are that little. Mine are a week old and just lay out on the ground when they sleep. Necks streached out and wings loose. They look dead till you make the slightest sound and they bounce up in a startled way.

4. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I should have about 15 Brabanter chicks hatching out in about 2 and half weeks [​IMG]

5. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    What does adults look like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by