1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Braggs Mountain Buffs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Rock Home Isle, May 1, 2012.

1. qball53

qball53 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Still raining .... still no pictures. We had our first Buff Braggs Mountains hatch this weekend. As you would expect a large yellow chicks.

2. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice. [​IMG]

3. qball53

Jan 19, 2012
    Well we have a half dozen Braggs hatched now. If anyone is interested in getting some of our original group let me know. You would have to be close enough to pick up or meet somewhere for pick up. I won't try shipping these monsters. I am thinking of cutting the original group down by half to raise some of the others up. That would be 6-7 hens and a roof if someone is interested in getting started with these.

4. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in Colorado.

5. qball53

Jan 19, 2012
    Braggs egg tonight weighed 76.5 grams..... up to 8 eggs a day now.

6. qball53

Jan 19, 2012
    After the current batch of eggs in the incubator come out we won't set anymore until spring. The Braggs has had pretty low fertility but we got the hens in bad shape and we have only had one roo to 14 hens. Come spring we hope to split the group and use two roosters. Will report the fertility at that time.

7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Idaho
    Stalking this thread!! [​IMG] Have always been very interested in this breed but have, as the rest of you, found very little to research!

8. Pault76

Pault76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    Wolf Lake,IL
    These don't sound like a new breed but a production cross from the add I saw in Poultry Press.

9. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    More than a cross for production.
    Several breeds were invovled, and several generations of crossing to get them there.
    I think they said it took 18 years to get them there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by