Brahma Frizzles

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mr. Ree, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Was thinking the other night how cool and pretty it would be to see Brahma Frizzles. Someone on here posted a pic of a Brahma x Red Frizzle Cochin and it looked very cool. Was actually thinking of maybe seeing how far I could get with this some day. Wanted to see what kind of reaction the folks at BYC might have over it?

~Casey

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Lots of time purifying it to the Brahma standard.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    If it was a LF Brahma bred to the standards, yes, it would beautiful. Otherwise, it's another frizzle mutt to me, sorry. I'm a huge Brahma fan, but only for ones that are actually bred to the standard.

4. bantiebabe1200

bantiebabe1200 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Ennis, Montana
    I agree, this would be really pretty! But, I'm also a pure brahma fan like Illia said (it's my favorite breed [​IMG]). Actually I'm a bantie brahma fan. The brahma/frizzle would be a fun try to do though.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Frizzle is recognised for EVERY breed.

6. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I have bred and SHOWN Cochin Bantams for many years so I know what a task this would be getting into it. I dont plan to start with BQ or PQ birds, only the best quality possible. And they would be bred to standard. Although I would not attempt the Standard Brahmas, the Brahma Bantams would be a pretty easy thing to frizzle. By 4th generation you should be breeding pure Brahma Frizzles. Guess I will just give it a go and see what comes of it.

~Casey

7. anac1979

anac1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Did you ever make frizzle Brahmas? If so, I'd love to see pics. I want to do frizzle Brahma in LF.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by