Brahma gender?

Hiimscott

Chirping
Feb 24, 2022
hey, first time hatching Brahma chicks, this one is 18 weeks old. I originally thought it was a boy but now I'm not certain. Could someone who is better at sexing help me out? Thanks

Attachments

• A9F484D6-5125-438A-9622-B403FDFE7367.jpeg
    A9F484D6-5125-438A-9622-B403FDFE7367.jpeg
    876 KB · Views: 31
hey, first time hatching Brahma chicks, this one is 18 weeks old. I originally thought it was a boy but now I'm not certain. Could someone who is better at sexing help me out? Thanks
Well the combs and waddles are in middle for me it turns to female, but could also be signs of a make imo. The tail is hen like, but the legs are thicker which although is a Brahma trait can also mean it's a make... possibly though.
I do think those neck feathers are leaning towards being female but it's kinda up in the air for me. I'm not the best at sexing Brahma's. You'll need done other people's woted to be sure, but I'm guessing female.

Well the combs and waddles are in middle for me it turns to female, but could also be signs of a make imo. The tail is hen like, but the legs are thicker which although is a Brahma trait can also mean it's a make... possibly though.
I do think those neck feathers are leaning towards being female but it's kinda up in the air for me. I'm not the best at sexing Brahma's. You'll need done other people's woted to be sure, but I'm guessing female.
There is a boy I kept from this hatch and his neck feathers are much more pointed. This one has rounded feathers but has thick legs and is much larger than the others I know are definite girls. I've never been sure about this one

Attachments

• 73D1C17D-138D-4171-AF3F-0F6935E8C68E.jpeg
    73D1C17D-138D-4171-AF3F-0F6935E8C68E.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 10
There is a boy I kept from this hatch and his neck feathers are much more pointed. This one has rounded feathers but has thick legs and is much larger than the others I know are definite girls. I've never been sure about this one
Well I guess you'll know when he starts yodeli...I mean crowing

Back
Top Bottom