Brahma Hen or Roo?

Ashleyjean

Hatching
May 14, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am questioning whether our Kami is a hen or a roo... feathers seem different to me than our other Brahma, Heather's, and also the body shape, comb and personalities. They are about 8 weeks old now.

Here are some pics of our two brahmas feathers and combs to compare. Would love some advice on this since I am new to this!

Heather: Kami (Roo suspect?):

Heather's Comb:

Kami's Comb:

Ok, thank you! We never thought about having a rooster when we got them but are excited now that it seems that we have one! He is very sweet to us and the other chickens and has been my husbands favorite from the beginning. Looks like I will need to figure out how to raise a rooster and not just hens now! Thanks again for your help
big_smile.png

Do u have any pictures of them when they were little. Got 2 Brahma chicks that r 2-3weeks old & I'm so wanting to know what they r going to look like. Thx

Yes I do :) here they are the day that we got them with our Rhode Island Reds, the guy we got them from said they were about a week old.

Here they are a couple weeks later, probably about 3 weeks old

Heather, the one on the left above is the sweetest little thing. Loves to be held and is always very curious about what I am doing. I've heard that Brahmas are really gentle and loving, they both are so beautiful and they are only a few months old! Have fun!! :)

Back
Top Bottom