Brahma hen

Oooohh, what a bad little girl. Won't even give him a chance to be a man.

"Henpecked" is right.
hide.gif

How old is your roo? Is he older or younger than her? I've always wondered about a hen being that dominate over a rooster, the only time I've ever seen that is nearly ten years ago when we introduced a new flock of young chickens to our oldest hen. She established her dominance even to the young roosters (that is until they got older...that's when all but one of the roos had to go). The hen's not older than the roo, is she? What kind of circumstances did she come from before?

Last edited:
It sounds to me like she's establishing her place in the pecking order.

Oooohh, what a bad little girl. Won't even give him a chance to be a man.

"Henpecked" is right.
hide.gif

How old is your roo? Is he older or younger than her? I've always wondered about a hen being that dominate over a rooster, the only time I've ever seen that is nearly ten years ago when we introduced a new flock of young chickens to our oldest hen. She established her dominance even to the young roosters (that is until they got older...that's when all but one of the roos had to go). The hen's not older than the roo, is she? What kind of circumstances did she come from before?
She is apparently younger than him. He is about 3 or 4 years old. (I'm only guessing) And this fight was nothing. When I at first put them together the hen attacked. He ran to a corner and he hid as much as he could. She jumped on him and was pecking at his head. It was a good thing I had stayed there to watch and took her out. Who knows what would have happened.

When we were setting up a place for her. I placed her in the other coop. I have another rooster in this coop a small red rooster ( I just recently found out he was a Redcap [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]) She decided to attack him too. Only he didn't like it and attacked back and she ran away while he chased her all over the place.[/FONT]

Other than that she is a very nice hen.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/Warrin/?action=view&current=IMG_0179.mp4

Back
Top Bottom