1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brahma Pullet 26 weeks FINALLY

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ibarbidahl, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ibarbidahl

ibarbidahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    Odessa, FL
    Laying with the other hens!

WHOOT!!![​IMG]

Not every single day yet, but so far every other day. I'll take what I can get and pray I didn't jinx myself announcing it here.
    She went from laying rubber eggs, and laying multiple times a day right into a moult within 2 weeks of her first egg. While she had her little moult her comb and wattles have grown to full size. They never changed from the bright red so I was worried the whole time that she was egg bound or laying internally.

I'm SOOO relieved! She is my childrens pet so much more than the other 2 hens. FWIW so that anyone else that may have a pullet that has these same problems her first 2 eggs have been nearly completely white they have had so much bloom on them. I imagine from being 'held onto' for so long. It's been close to a month since her last attempt at an egg.

Barbie

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

:woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by