Brahma thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by the simple life, Jun 10, 2008.

1. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I know there is an Orpington thread going on right now and I have some new orps myself. But iI have been considering Brahmas for a while, the buffs.
    Anyone want to chime in on this breed?

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I have two hatchery light brahmas. They are great egg layers. However they do not compare to the beautiful light brahmas that tuffoldhen breeds. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I LUFF my Brahmas! [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Slifer was a Brahma mix. I would get another one in a heartbeat.

5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I have 2, a roo and a pullet. They are by far the friendliest, sweetest and people loving of my flock of 24. They were more standofish as chicks, but at 7 weeks they are now the first in my lap! So sweet. And gentle, never ever bother the little chicks I integrated. I love them![​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I love all my brahmas, but my lights are my definite favorite. They were the ones I wasn't sure I even wanted to start with! My lights have been pretty much friendly from the start, with my darks next, and the buffs a bit standoffish. Now that's all changed. My lights are still the sweetest, followed closely by the buffs.l The darks sqawk more and like being handled less, but none of them are what you'd call unfriendly.

7. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I have two buff pullets - they are very friendly and very pretty. They are 12 weeks old now. I have them in with the cochins and the frizzle roo.

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm in love with the light brahma chicks we just received. They're just over a week and a half old and I can tell they're going to be the sweetest birds.

9. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
  10. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I have a dark roo, but he doesn't like to be held or anything. But he's nice enough, very handsome!!!! Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by