Brahmas eggs

Noworl21

Hatching
Apr 1, 2023
How long does brahmas eggs need to be under broody hen to hatch?
Asking since its my firts time having brahmas eggs.

How long does brahmas eggs need to be under broody hen to hatch?
Asking since its my firts time having brahmas eggs.
The short answer is that it is no different from other chicken eggs.

An egg does not have a day's worth of development the instant you put it in the incubator or under a broody hen. It takes 24 hours for an egg to have a day's worth of development. So you say "one" the day after you start them. An easy way to check your counting is the day of the week you start them is the day of the week the 21 days are up. If you start them in a Friday the 21 days are up on a Friday.

The 21-day thing is not a given. Whether you have bantam or full-sized fowl eggs, they can hatch a couple of days early or late for a variety of reasons, even under a broody hen, and the chicks can be totally healthy. My eggs tend to hatch a couple of days early, in a calibrated incubator and under broody hens. I think that's mainly because of heredity. Others say their eggs tend to hatch late. Sometimes they are scattered.

Although Brahma's are large birds they are not know for laying extra large eggs. My expectations are that they will hatch like your other eggs. Let us know how yours do.

The short answer is that it is no different from other chicken eggs.

An egg does not have a day's worth of development the instant you put it in the incubator or under a broody hen. It takes 24 hours for an egg to have a day's worth of development. So you say "one" the day after you start them. An easy way to check your counting is the day of the week you start them is the day of the week the 21 days are up. If you start them in a Friday the 21 days are up on a Friday.

The 21-day thing is not a given. Whether you have bantam or full-sized fowl eggs, they can hatch a couple of days early or late for a variety of reasons, even under a broody hen, and the chicks can be totally healthy. My eggs tend to hatch a couple of days early, in a calibrated incubator and under broody hens. I think that's mainly because of heredity. Others say their eggs tend to hatch late. Sometimes they are scattered.

Although Brahma's are large birds they are not know for laying extra large eggs. My expectations are that they will hatch like your other eggs. Let us know how yours do.
Not a single one hatched, all empty and not fertile. What to say, no luck.

Back
Top Bottom