Brainstorming with mee

wilkinsfarm2020

Songster
Feb 5, 2020
My rooster of 4 years passed away this week. Curious if you guys can brainstorm with me and see if we can figure out what his mama hen was. His daddy was for sure a black australorp.

Check the pics out and lmk what ya think. The young picture is of him as a baby.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1676302281033.jpg
    FB_IMG_1676302281033.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1676302432515.jpg
    FB_IMG_1676302432515.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1676302457049.jpg
    FB_IMG_1676302457049.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 2
I know the man had black australorp, buff orps, barred rocks and I personally think he had maybe a delaware in there and that may have been big daddy's mama?

Big daddy fathered a rooster that was identical to him. Mama was a Delaware for that babe. I'm certain I'm on the track there somewhere.

I know the man had black australorp, buff orps, barred rocks and I personally think he had maybe a delaware in there and that may have been big daddy's mama?

Big daddy fathered a rooster that was identical to him. Mama was a Delaware for that babe. I'm certain I'm on the track there somewhere.
I don't think Delaware was the mom, he would be Barred if that was the case.

I would guess his mother was a laced breed since there's a decent amount of lacing present. Sorry for your loss.

I don't think Delaware was the mom, he would be Barred if that was the case.
To which chicken? Big daddy or his son? His son was definitely exactly the same as big daddy. And I'm almost certain it came from my Delaware or the light brahma I had at that time. None of the other chickens were white except those and I only had black australorp hens light brahma, Delaware a golden comet and a new Hampshire red. My new Hampshire is the one that surprised me with those two babies she came out of nowhere with two little chickens in tow lol

Now big daddies siblings that I got with him WERE barred they had a double barring so looked like a barred rock hen in color but certainly were not and were all roosters. I assumed they were barred rock from mama hens.

Back
Top Bottom