Brand New Chicken Parents!

DimondaleBergs

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 28, 2013
Hello everyone!
I'm excited to say that my husband and I are about to become brand new parents again! This time though, instead of humanoid offspring, we are going to be raising feathered offspring!
My name is Stephanie and my husband is Aaron, and we live in a small town (very small..lol.) just outside of Lansing, MI. Though we have the small town feel here...we are a whopping 5 minutes from the capital of Michigan so not really country living here. lol We've talked about wanting to raise our own chickens for several years now, and this year is the year!

We are on our way in a short while to pick up our new charges :)

As this is our first endeavor with chicks/chickens, I'm sure I will be posting a TON of questions over the coming weeks/months! LOL So bear with me, please!

Anyway..I just wanted stop in and say hello!

I'm off to scour the forum and gather as much knowledge from my new friends here, as I can. :)

Hello, and Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for all the great welcomes! We picked up our 12 chicks tonight so the fun has begun! lol I have spent all afternoon and evening reading these forums and gleaning TONS of great information!!
My husband is going to get started on the coop this weekend. I'm so glad he loves me so much.
love.gif
lol I ask an awful lot of him and he always comes through.
bow.gif

Tomorrow I will be constructing a bigger space for them to use until they are ready for the coop. They have enough space in the big box we have to get away from the heat lamp, but I think they'll need more before long! Don't wanna crowd my babies!

Back
Top Bottom