Brand new from CT!

RoseCassFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Connecticut
Hello all! I'm new to the community and new to chickens!

I just brought home my babies about a month ago -- at the moment, there are three Araucanas and two Buff Orpingtons. One of the Araucanas is my friend's -- she has two chickens and wanted a third but didn't want to raise the poor baby all by itself, so I'm holding on to her until she's big enough to go home :)

I just moved into a house on 3/4 of an acre in the summer of 2012 and wanted chickens IMMEDIATELY but had to put it off until my second baby was born. So now I'm a SAHM of two girls and a super excited mama to four (and surrogate mama at the moment to one) sweet little chickies! I sort of fancy myself a wannabe farmer - I've got my little garden that I grow an assortment of veggies in, and now I've got my little chicks!

These are from day one, so they've changed quite a bit! I'll have to upload some recent photos soon! I originally planned on naming them Lucy, Ethel, Fred, and Ricky (yeah, even though they're hens; I figured they could just be short for Winifred and Ericka, lol). But, at the insistence of my four and a half year old, I was overruled on two of those, lol.

First off, we have Jojo, my super sweetpea!

Nugget, her pushy sister.

Crazy Lucy who is now a mixture of white and black feathers.

My friend's chick who will be called Meri (but who I have been calling "Bob Villa" -- her husband thought it would be a great name and I thought it was hilarious -- there's nothing quite like saying, "Oh, Bob Villa!!" to a chick, lol!). She is now a mix of black, streaks of yellow, brown, and white tipped feathers.

And skittish Ethel -- she now has black and warm brown feathers.

Awww, they were so teeny!! They've since graduated to a large rabbit cage while we fix up their coop.

Howdy from Kansas, RoseCassFarm, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you aboard! Fine looking flock of chickens you have there! Good luck to you and your birds!!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Your chicks are sooo cute! Sometimes I wish they would stay that size forever.

Best wishes on raising them up happy and healthy

Back
Top Bottom