Brand New Here

happyhellohomestead

In the Brooder
Feb 13, 2020
Hello All,

I am a brand new chicken owner (officially yesterday!). My neighbor kindly gifted me 4 beautiful Porcelain D'Uccle Bantams. Their names are Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and our rooster is Stanley. I can already tell that Rose is my ornery one! They are my first chickens that I've ever owned so I am mildly freaking out that I am doing everything wrong. I am here to learn and hopefully provide the best home possible for my little flock.

More about me, I have 3 kids-all boys, 1 cat, 5 rabbits, 4 Porcelain D'Uccle Bantams, and 10 Rhode Island Reds on the way! I live in the rainforest area of Hawaii. Besides chickens, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, snorkeling, traveling, and board games. My husband and I started our homestead journey this year and have jumped in with 2 feet in. I hope I can learn a lot from here, and someday be able to help others.

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! We're happy to have you here! I don't have D'uccle Bantams, so I don't know what special treatment they may need compared to your RIRs. Best of luck with all of them and with your homesteading! I'm in a rain forest too! Special challenges with that, but sure is pretty. I'm sure yours is much warmer than mine. :D

Hello All,

I am a brand new chicken owner (officially yesterday!). My neighbor kindly gifted me 4 beautiful Porcelain D'Uccle Bantams. Their names are Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and our rooster is Stanley. I can already tell that Rose is my ornery one! They are my first chickens that I've ever owned so I am mildly freaking out that I am doing everything wrong. I am here to learn and hopefully provide the best home possible for my little flock.

More about me, I have 3 kids-all boys, 1 cat, 5 rabbits, 4 Porcelain D'Uccle Bantams, and 10 Rhode Island Reds on the way! I live in the rainforest area of Hawaii. Besides chickens, I enjoy reading, photography, gardening, snorkeling, traveling, and board games. My husband and I started our homestead journey this year and have jumped in with 2 feet in. I hope I can learn a lot from here, and someday be able to help others.
Lol, I named our English Mastiff puppy Sofia! Because she's our Golden Girl. 😉

Back
Top Bottom