Brand new to the world of chickens...looking for pure Araucana breeder

crazy4eggsJulie

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Hello everyone,
My husband and I and our 4 children live in a country subdivision. We recently decided that we would really enjoy a friendly backyard flock of laying hens for eggs and as pets. (Roosters are not allowed in our subdivision due to noise and neither is breeding) I have researched the topic online for HOURS and HOURS the last few days and have selected a handful of breeds that will work best for us. Now I am trying to FIND them. The thing is, we can't have many and I want each one to be different! So, I am on a search for anyone willing to sell a single pullet of any of the following at a reasonable price. (we don't need show quality) We don't know how to hatch them on our own yet and don't have a hen to do it for us. I've checked tons of hatcheries and can only find these day old chicks straight run. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welsummer
Speckledy
No EE's! Pure Araucana-black, lavender, black breasted red, brown/red, partridge, cuckoo

Pure Ameraucana-blue buff, silver
Buckeye
Barnevelder
Porcelain and Self Blue D' Uccle

Welcome from North Carolina!
frow.gif

Someone here will be able to help I'm sure!!

Do a PM to hinkjc (Jody) she is a moderator here and does araucanas.

You can also go to her website to see her birds.

julie, barb has pure araucana and ameraucana's. she only has chicks though. she'll be at the beaumont show and at the new braunfels show. you can find her ad at petchickensoftexas. she got her chickens from the smith's out in the dallas area who shows their ameraucana's.

also, there's a guy named ken who has my friend dan hatch eggs for him and he has pure araucana's. PM me your phone number and i'll pass it on to ken and have him call you.

Back
Top Bottom