Brand spanking new

welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us! It is your choice, but here are some good reasons to keep them:
http://backyard-chicken-keeping.com/why-keep-backyard-chickens
I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes!

welcome-byc.gif

Do you know anyone that raises chickens? Maybe you could visit them to get some first-hand feedback. Personally, I think they are worth the bit of expense and work...chickens are fun to raise, interesting to watch, beautiful and besides all that, their eggs are great!

If you have any questions that we may be able to help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings from Kansas, delbizz,and :welcome! Great to have you here. It's wise that you are researching prior to taking the plunge. For what it's worth, the hard part of chicken raising is all front-loaded....building the coop, purchasing the equipment, and then learning the routine. After that there's really little maintenance in terms of daily time requirements. Hope you find it is something you'd like to try. BYC is here should you need any advice or encouragement along the way. Best wishes!

Hello all new to BYC. Been reading posts to find out about what to do for my weak listless young lady. She has been fluffed up a few days now but last night I became more concerned because she was just sitting in the coop doorway and it's freezing in Al right now. Brought her in gave her some sugar water but no interest. Today eyes open standing up with normal poop. Eating and responding but now has brown diarrhea which smells like human fesces....??

Hello all new to BYC. Been reading posts to find out about what to do for my weak listless young lady. She has been fluffed up a few days now but last night I became more concerned because she was just sitting in the coop doorway and it's freezing in Al right now. Brought her in gave her some sugar water but no interest. Today eyes open standing up with normal poop. Eating and responding but now has brown diarrhea which smells like human fesces....??
Welcome to BYC!
smile.png
Please head over to the https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures forum. You will get more help there. Good luck with your hen!

G’Day from down under delbizz
frow.gif
Welcome!

All the best with your decision making; if we can help at all, please do not hesitate to ask. A word of warning though, we may be a little biased
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member.

Teila, still learning how to navigate this site but I received an ovation from you asking about my hen. We are working on it. She is much better then she was. Is up eating and drinking with even a bit of conversation..lol We are eating yogurt and a little bit of tuna to boost her up a bit along with fluids. Thank you so much for asking.....

Back
Top Bottom