Brands that have duckling feed?

Anna-MN

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 19, 2012
I have 4 ducklings coming next week and have read a few things on feed. I was just curious as to which brands have starter that has everything a little duckling needs?

I just use chicken starter and later - layer. Not alot of brand choices at the stores down here.
I think there's a feed more tailored for ducks, but I'm not paying a premium for it. Just stick with chick feed and crush up some niacin in their water/food while they're growing.

I would call what places are local to you an inquire, products vary so not everyone can get the same things. I have masterfeeds and purina here but i am not even in the US.

The best is a duck starter BUT that isn't always available, i am fortunate it i can get, plus all flocks here too which is what i have used to raise quite a few of the ducklings/chicks.

Availability is key then go from there, don't be afraid to ask to see product labels, or even see samples.. my one feed supply has little jars so you can 'see' what the feed looks like to compare.

I ended up getting Nutrena meat bird food. It was recommended for ducks up till laying age. It was cheaper than the DuMor and Purina and I liked the ingredient list on this better as well. I have their brooder and everything set up and ready to go- the duckies should be here by Friday!

Back
Top Bottom