breakfast on a string

opihiman911

Songster
14 Years
Mar 19, 2007
I was going out this morning to give my girls breakfast. They normally don't care about the feed I put out because they know I have scraps, old rice & leftovers that get thrown in the run. That is the prize for the day.
Instead of just throwing it in I decided to give them some fun.....breakfast on a string. 2 ears of corn with a stale bagel for breakfast. My two older hen in the front knew exactly what the game was. The other 4 newer one wern't too sure why the food kept chasing them.
Gave me a good laugh and put me in the right mood for the day.....yes, I'm easily entertained
lol.png

Aloha,
Cory

breatfastonastring.jpg

I hadn't read this yet, and am amused that I did something slightly similar

I wanted my two new girls (silver EE and white leghorn) to feel pampered, so I bought one of those "wild bird seed bells" and hung it from a string from the top of the (short) coop

they have been playing "chicken volleyball" with it all day, it's now about 2/3 the size it was when I hung it up

leghorn is snuggled into the lower of the two stacking kitchen storage bins (I filled them with fresh grass, the EE left hers in while the leghorn tossed hers out and seems to have refilled it with kicked-in dead leaves !) ... while the EE has the
"upstairs apartment"

no eggs from them yet, I figure they are just settling in ... they certainly got a warm !! welcome from our wild roo ... he strutted his stuff all around the big coop ... and they seemed to enjoy watching the banty with the nine new-hatched chicks, who was scrabbling in the dirt/gravel/kukui nuts/macadamia nuts/avocado leaves adjacent

Back
Top Bottom