Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law

Glad you were able to find a safe place for your girls @TSArmendarez . Don’t forget to spice things up for your friendly neighbor lady with a little death metal, polka, and maybe some bagpipes now and then. Go all out with “Delhi to Dublin” an Indian bagpipe fusion band with some catchy pop like tunes that will totally get stuck in her head!
Thank you for the new band tip off. Now I'm on youtube checking out Delhi to Dublin, I hadn't heard of them. You are right they are catchy and do get stuck in your head.

So you do not want her to move? Hmm, I would be doing everything I can to help her sell!

Gary

We had a bit of a messy but not overgrown or anything yard when our neighbors whom we liked put their house up for sale. They had a good reason to move (not us). So we hired their lawn and garden guy to tune our place up. We kept him after they moved. It was worth every penny and I never mowed again.

I’d like to say again what a burden homeownership can be at the end of life. You can’t do stuff yourself, you don’t have anyone to do it for you. You could pay people if you have the money but if you are solely dependent on social security that can be as little as $836 a month.

So what if your house is paid for. It’s hard enough to live on that. And you may be lonely having outlasted relatives, no children around, no living friends. Then there’s dementia, depression, drug caused dementia, lack of ability to afford proper drugs.

The thing about being mean to the elderly is that Karma is certain. You will also be old someday and nobody you don’t know will treat you like the person you feel you are inside rather than the person you appear to be.

So sorry, I'm an outlaw, although, my neighbors LIKE my chickens!! I live in an affluent suburb that likes their chicken eggs from the store. I have one acre, have 6 hens and keep them in a large fenced in garden. I'm on edge at times because I'm afraid I'll be found out. I LOVE my girls. I feel your loss. If your community allows chickens on certain lots, you should at least try to change the law, it's worth a try. Unfortunately, my community only allows chickens on 5 acres or more, ridiculous.... the city of Milwaukee has small lots and allows 4 hens per backyard.

My friend had his zoning changed after years of living on his property. Effectively cut his limit to 1/3 of what it used to be. On inspection day he moved the overflow 100ft to the right, onto his neighbor's property (neighbor gave permission) and then he technically wasn't exceeding the number allowed on his lot. The next day, he moved them back.

That said you can try to fight the zoning but be forewarned that most zoning changes take at least two years. They are often required to be discussed at two annual meetings; one to discuss and decide and, if passed the second to make final revisions and put into effect.
If you give me your jurisdiction I can do your research for you.
Thank you, Cyprus. We need more Cluckers like you on our side. Thanks again. P/S I'm from an unincorporated area of Chatham County, GA and you are so very much needed.

Thank you, Cyprus. We need more Cluckers like you on our side. Thanks again. P/S I'm from an unincorporated area of Chatham County, GA and you are so very much needed.
No problem. Do you need me to see what I can find on your jurisdiction regarding owning poultry?

Back
Top Bottom