Breed and gender guesses please.

SweetE

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 25, 2017
I picked up this white bird recently and the lady thought it was a silkie cross. It has black skin. I don’t think it’s a silkie however. Anyone know what it is? She (🤞🏻) is beautiful. About 10 weeks old. Pretty bossy though. I hope she isn’t a he.

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpeg
    IMG_2653.jpeg
    770.6 KB · Views: 23
It may very well be a Silkie cross. That translates to a Silkie in the genetic pool. The black skin only comes from Silkies, Ayam Cemanis, and Swart Honas,,
I, at least am not aware of other chicken breeds with black skin. :idunno Always here to learn.
I can see that your chicken does not have the fluffy fur, (as I refer to it),, and has regular feathers.
Also looking at those legs,,,, they appear to be quite stout, so always a possibility of a cockerel. The feathers do not appear to be sickle shaped. At least not in my viewing capability of your picture posting.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

It may very well be a Silkie cross. That translates to a Silkie in the genetic pool. The black skin only comes from Silkies, Ayam Cemanis, and Swart Honas,,
I, at least am not aware of other chicken breeds with black skin. :idunno Always here to learn.
I can see that your chicken does not have the fluffy fur, (as I refer to it),, and has regular feathers.
Also looking at those legs,,,, they appear to be quite stout, so always a possibility of a cockerel. The feathers do not appear to be sickle shaped. At least not in my viewing capability of your picture posting.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thank you! I was thinking possibly a moonbeam. She said she purchased it as a “fancy” chick at a feed store but did not remember the breed. I guess we will see. If it is an AC/leghorn cross it looks like a hen. That’s what I’m hoping for. I named her Maleficent.

Back
Top Bottom