Breed and gender guesses?

View attachment 1917297 .
This photo was taken in the dark, because I cannot get near him or her otherwise. What do you think? The tail feathers are what I am concerned about. I have heard it is really hard to tell Easter Eggers because they do not grow very big combs or wattles. I am not familiar with this breed.The tail is very long and the feathers seem to curl downwards.
View attachment 1917297 .
This photo was taken in the dark, because I cannot get near him or her otherwise. What do you think? The tail feathers are what I am concerned about. I have heard it is really hard to tell Easter Eggers because they do not grow very big combs or wattles. I am not familiar with this breed.The tail is very long and the feathers seem to curl downwards. Will be 10 weeks old on Thursday the 26th.
Anybody?

Thank you so much for your reply! I am hoping she has a pullet:) How can you tell? I just have a very hard time with this breed, because she has very long tell feathers that hang downwards at the end like a rooster.

Two things. Her comb and her feathers. Her comb is way too small to be a cockerel of that age, and way too pink, rather than red.
Her feathers on her wings have no characteristic male rust colored wing bars... She's all female.

Two things. Her comb and her feathers. Her comb is way too small to be a cockerel of that age, and way too pink, rather than red.
Her feathers on her wings have no characteristic male rust colored wing bars... She's all female.
Oh, OK thank you so much for taking the time to explain things to me. I have just heard that Easter Eggers don’t really grow combs and wattles, but she sure has a long tail. I am really glad that she is a pullet since I can’t keep roosters where I live! Have a great day!

Oh, OK thank you so much for taking the time to explain things to me. I have just heard that Easter Eggers don’t really grow combs and wattles, but she sure has a long tail. I am really glad that she is a pullet since I can’t keep roosters where I live! Have a great day!
They do grow combs, just the type of comb is probably different than what you're used to. She has a pea comb.

Back
Top Bottom