breed and sex ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bradnjulieplus4, Nov 19, 2014.

1. bradnjulieplus4

bradnjulieplus4 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2014
    Texas
    I got a barnyard mix of eggs these two im interested in getting ppls opinion about. One they are Three weeks old so not sure if anyone can tell but the white one i think is a roo, want do you think? Second one came from a green egg and is very cool about being picked up im sure its a pullet just wondering if its a mutt or a breed. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. purplesquirrel

purplesquirrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    You're right about the white one being a roo I think.
    Legs are chunky and that's quite a comb going on. Could be anything breed wise though, some chicks are born yellow or white and then by adulthood they're speckled, black/brown, you name it. Will have to wait at least 2 months before having any idea.

Speckly one, if it came from a green egg, chances are it's a cross.
    Because most chickens are blue egg layers, they have to be crossed with a brown egg layer to make a green egg. So that means the mum was a cross, so this little one is at LEAST a mix of 3 breeds.
    Looks a bit like a Cream Legbar/welsummer thing, but hundreds of breeds have stripes down their heads and eyelines. I'm assuming she had 'chipmunk' marking when she was born? Could be anything, but looks like a girl from here.
    It might be worth you asking what breeds they had running around together, but saying that, my eggs came from a lady who had over 300 chickens, 18 different breeds and 40 colour varieties, and I still don't know what mine are and probably never will....that is the joy of rearing mutts I guess! :)
    Good luck!

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014