1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

breed...any help would be great!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bdrl2, May 16, 2007.

1. bdrl2

bdrl2 New Egg

May 8, 2007
    I recently had someone give me about 50 chickens. Our friends home burnt and they couldnt keep them. Help! I know nothing about chickens and would like to know anything that can help me. I know they were bought at a local feed store April 1. I have pics but i dont know how to put them on here. (I have kodak easyshare software) I do know how to send in email if someone could identify for me. We would like to butcher most of them and keep 5-6 for eggs. some red, some white, some black and white.

2. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    If you go to the 'FAQs' link at the top of the page, you'll find photo posting instructions. You'll get a ton of help identifying them with photos.

I'll guess since they came from a feed store that you may have Rhode Island Reds, White Leghorns, and either Barred Rocks, or Black Sex-Links. I believe all are excellent layers. None of these 3 are the best choices for meat birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by