Breed Discussion

puneet786

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2016
Hello Friends, I'm from india and i am a poor college student. BCF is my hobby so i also start for earning some money for my college expenses. here in india a price is very high of brown eggs. so i need best laying chicken breeds. please suggest me best chicken breed and tell me where to i get???

It might help to see what is available locally. Members could suggest a number of breeds, but if you can't get them in India, it will be a little frustrating for you. Here in Kenya, some of our commercial chickens originated in India, so i do hope that you can find either standard breeds or even the commercial hybrids.

Best wishes
CT

Just google chickens for sale india and you may find some breeders or hatcheries close to you. You can also check out the Breeds section here on BYC, once you know what you can buy locally. There are also threads on a number of breeds, so feel free to search for them here.

This link may also help
http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/chooks.html

Last edited:
I have golden comets, have had them since they were 8 weeks old and they started to lay when about 22 weeks old. Have 5, get 5 eggs a day and nearly every day 1 is a double yolker. Over the past 2 days have been getting 6 eggs??!!!

Back
Top Bottom