Breed ID. Help !

Joy215

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
Marengo ohio
I purchase these chickens at royal king The tag said they were Brahma

Welcome to BYC!

They look like Black Australorps to me. I hope you like them, BA's are good layers and known to have nice dispositions.

Thanks for joining us!

Oh thank you so much I've been trying to match them up with other pictures but there's so many of them looks alike I just purchased them two and a half months ago as baby chicks they have gotten large really quick but they just don't look like bramas

Thanks June I will check that and I thought one looked diffrent I wish RK would have them. Labled right it's been a guessing. Game. I just wanted hens for the eggs

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your entire flock all look like Black Australorps and all of them look like pullets but one (the central one with the big red comb and wattles is a cockerel). Besides having all those pullets, another bit of good news is that you will get more eggs from the Australorps, which are excellent layers, than you would have gotten from the Brahmas (which are good layers, but not Australorp level). :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Aussies.

Back
Top Bottom