Breed ID

Some light brown/ pinkish. I have one welsummer that lays the speckled eggs brown and a black copper marans that lays a darker brown. The rest of my hens all lay some shade of light brown, pinkish and I do see an almost white one but not true white. Nothing super exciting 😅
So she’s probably laying a pale brown. Which wouldn’t be too typical for a CQ.

Are you sure they got them from a hatchery?
That is what I was told, she had like a total of 40, she raised them since chicks and that she got them from hackle hatchery, I believe. They where living in a small backyard, in that part of town roosters are not allowed either. The lady was thinning out her flock. That's pretty much all I know.

I'd say mix.
Now to see what hatches out of there, I have a barred rock rooster and another that is a backyard mix but I don't know what the father was.

Attachments

• 20220423_103945.jpg
    20220423_103945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220329_111113.jpg
    20220329_111113.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Where was your "mix" rooster from? Any ideas of original source? Almost looks lemon cuckoo...
So the flock he came from consisted of Americana, Buff Orpington, Black Copper Marans, and Silky. I don't know what breed the father was out of the above mentioned. He came from a surprise hatch from a lady that lives in a neighboring town. Geneva, FL.

Back
Top Bottom