Breed Identification help needed!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenlover98, Jul 22, 2008.

1. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what breed this is? Thank you! [​IMG][​IMG]
    The top chicken is the same chick that is on the left in the bottom picture. Does anyone know what breed that is?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm going to guess its an Easter Egger.

3. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    So if she's an Easter-Egger, she's an Ameraucana then? Thank you for your reply!!![​IMG]

4. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nope. If she's an Easter Egger, she's NOT an Ameraucana. Easter Eggers are the chickens that carry the blue-egg gene but that do not conform to the standard of either Auraucana or Ameraucana.

5. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    I don't think she is an easter egger either. I thought that ee's had greenish legs. I don't know what she is but she is beautiful!

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    They do not always have green legs, that is just the normal color for them... they can be yellow or slate also.

I'm gonna say Easter Egger as well.... and SO pretty! Muff and beard, color and chick color, pea comb..... if it's not an EE then it is at least an EE cross.

Oh, just search for EE Araucana Ameraucana.... you will find many conversations on the topic of the differences [​IMG]

Here's a link also...... http://www.ameraucana.org/faq.html

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would guess Easter Egger also.

She is very pretty

8. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    I'm gonna say half EE and half dark Cornish.

Her coloring had some qualities similiar to a dark Cornish and her thick yellow legs also make me think Cornish.

9. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i'd say EE too,,,,,i have a yard FULL of em,, some green legs,, some yellow,, some yellow and spots,, and some full of feathers,, i think theirs are yellow.

10. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    I don't have experience with EEs, but I would have guessed a Partridge or Gold Spangled Wyandotte. Where did you get it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by