Breed identification help

StuporMan

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
IMG_20210526_133525.jpg

I received three Malaysian Serama chicks today, and lo and behold when I open the box, two extra chicks appear! What breed they are though I have no idea

Maybe a blue cochin? Because I see the feathered feet
Looks lavender, but seems to have a beard... Any ideas of other breeds they carry? Maybe Self Blue d'Uccle? Is it bantam sized?

I agree that it's blue or lavender, and that Cochin or d'Uccle seem like good guesses.

Or maybe a Silkie? Have you counted how many toes the mystery chicks have? (An extra toe on the back of each foot is normal for Silkies, but not for Cochins or d'Uccles.)

Looks lavender, but seems to have a beard... Any ideas of other breeds they carry? Maybe Self Blue d'Uccle? Is it bantam sized?
I agree that it's blue or lavender, and that Cochin or d'Uccle seem like good guesses.

Or maybe a Silkie? Have you counted how many toes the mystery chicks have? (An extra toe on the back of each foot is normal for Silkies, but not for Cochins or d'Uccles.)
Agreed.

D'uccle seems right because of the abundance of feathers at the feet. I remember my d'uccle chicks having many feathers at the feet.

Four toes so not a Silkie, I'm looking into the other breeds the hatchery offers and I see: Lavender Marans, Cochins, Easter Eggers, and Wyandottes

Back
Top Bottom