breed of chicken egg & taste

fluffycreatures

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 1, 2009
I know this is a really dumb question from a newbie. But I really don't know the answer and can't even speculate.

Can you tell me if the eggs from different breeds of chickens all taste alike? Or are there subtle differences?

For example do the blue eggs from Auracanas taste different than white? I know that the brown don't tase any different than white so
I don't think so but thought I'd ask anyway. Now what about silkies that have black skin? Do they taste the same as ordinary eggs?

Thanks
Dianne

We have basically three different breeds. The eggs all taste the same. It all depends on what they eat. Our neighbors tell us they are the best eggs they have ever tasted. somebody asked us what the secret was. We're afraid to tell them that it might be the mule poop they rummage through.
sickbyc.gif

I have not noticed any differences in taste based on egg color or size. The only thing that makes eggs taste different is the diet of the hen laying the egg. Insects and fresh greens / veggies make for a very orange and rich tasting yolk.

Back
Top Bottom