Breed Please?

Not leghorns. Those are Cornish Cross and probably fell from a hatchery bus as it was going to the chicken houses. These chicks will only live for 8-12 weeks. They are for eating only. They will get huge, fast.

single comb...i would lean towards leghorns but only time will tell

Not leghorns. Those are Cornish Cross and probably fell from a hatchery bus as it was going to the chicken houses. These chicks will only live for 8-12 weeks. They are for eating only. They will get huge, fast.
I wouldn't jump on the CX just yet. They could be white rocks as well.

If they are really big really fast, CX. If they grow like any regular chicken, I'm going with white rock.

Sort of look like buff ophinton..but best wait a week. Which I bought my two EE one was brown and the other this coloration..she is now all white.

Sort of look like buff ophinton..but best wait a week. Which I bought my two EE one was brown and the other this coloration..she is now all white.
Buff Orps don't have yellow legs
smile.png

At a glance I'm inclined to think white rock or amber links....some of the amber links start out stark white like that...just depends on the cross and hatchery they came from. I agree though...give them a few weeks and if they get super wide, then they are broilers...if not, then probably white rocks, leghorns, or amber links.

ok we have the following guesses
smile.png
(please update in a few weeks):

white leghorns ~ will get white earlobes
white rocks ~ will have red ear lobes
cornish cross (meat) ~ should grow very fast
amber links ~ they should get coloring like a light brown/red if i remember right on the body

Last edited:
I just wanted to post some updated pics! Here they are as of today!! One of them is a little bigger then the other! And that one also has very thick legs and big feet! But other than that they are looking identical!!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom